Sunday, October 24, 2010

Style Tips

I'm truly inspired by these styling tips I found in this article written by SusyJack on Etsy's  The Storque today. I've just started following her lovely blog Heysusy. She is a surface designer who lives in Manhattan and makes and sells a line of paper goods.

 I found lots of helpful things to think about in her article when photographing your unique items to sell online and give them a really professional look.  

Helpful Things to Think About
  • What is the product?
  • What are it’s obvious qualities? Color, size, texture, function, shape...
  • What are the hidden attributes or uses that you find interesting? These are attributes which may not be obvious to buyers. But, these are the attributes which really sell an item.
  • Is it portable?
  • Does it make a great gift or party favor?
  • Was it made with a special process?
  • Is it all-natural?
  • What inspired you? List anything you think is interesting about your product.


       The colour palette and textures in this collage are great. 
       I like the vintage, nostalgic feel to the photographs too. 
  I'm going to play with some props now and show you how I get on in my next post! 







No comments:

Post a Comment