Thursday, October 7, 2010

Shabby Chic


 


 
A pretty Shabby chic heart I made one rainy Saturday afternoon at a Make&Mend workshop at the National Waterfront museum recently as part of the Swansea Bay Craft fair weekend.

My idea of heaven....mounds of lovely vintage fabric, jars filled to the brim with all sorts of  buttons, bows, ribbons and zips and lots of bits and bobs to get crafty with! 

The next Swansea bay Craft fair workshop will be on November the 6th from 1:30pm,
£3 per person. The theme will be Fleece and Fibres. Places are limited, so advance booking recommended (01792) 638950


I was inspired to make some of these lovely  shabby chic hearts 
and birds which are on sale at my Folksy Shop Now!  
I hand stitched  an old piece of Laura Ashley dress material  and up-cycled
my mums old fabric from the 70's to make these hearts and Birds below.






Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment