Sunday, May 29, 2011

Hay-on-wye...town of books

I went to the Telegraph Hay-on-Wye book festival yesterday, the first weekend of the 10 day festival.  It attracts the most exciting writers, filmmakers, comedians, politicians and musicians to inspire, delight and entertain. There were also lots of nice craft stalls there! 

I went to see a really inspiring talk by the novelist and travel writer Paul Theroux about his new book 'Tao of Travel' with journalist Rosie Boycott. I also bought a ticket to see the entertainer Paul O'Grady talking with Sandi Toksvig about his new autobiography The devil rides out he was brilliant, "oh my gawd!" lots of funny stories! I spotted Professor Brian Cox too and the actor/stand-up comedian Mat Horne wandering around.

I went to some lovely cute gift shops in the town, my favourite was Chattels on market street. There was also some fabulous work by artisans at the Butter Market.


At the Butter Market I bought some ceramic butterfly buttons from Alejandra Bernales of ideas ceramics
Old books
I liked this Harper Collins dust jacket I saw in a book shop
Another cute bird print
Telegraph Hay Festival goody bag, like the bold graphic print on this bag
Other side of tote bag "All ideas start somewhere"
Outdoor books...

2 comments:

  1. fab! i havn't been to hay for years!, i love those book covers too! i think they had a few of them in swansea oxfam not long ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I love it there too and try and go every year for a bit of culture!! :) ( I haven't updated this blog for a while :( but will post a bit more regularly from now on so come back to visit!)

    ReplyDelete